CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Outrageous Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

Ya, they are as delicious as they look. These are my husbands favorite cookies lately. I made them today for my sweet "Activity Day" girls. I have to give a little shout out to my mentor...Sandy. She is an amazing cook and I have learned quit a bit from her in the short time I have known her. This is her cookie recipe and this isn't the last you will hear about her and her fabulousness.

1/2 C. Sugar



1/2 C. Brown Sugar



1/2 C. Butter



1/2 C. Peanut Butter



1/2 tsp. Vanilla



1 Egg



1 C. Flour



1/2 C. Oatmeal



1 small package Chocolate Chips (I use milk chocolate)



Beat the sugar, brown sugar, butter, peanut butter, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Add the egg and mix until the egg is incorporated. Mix in the flour and oats. Stir in the chocolate chips. Make into balls or use a medium scoop and drop onto a non-greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool for a few minutes and then place on a cooling rack. Makes about 1 1/2 to 2 dozen.



Chic Chef Tips


1.This recipe does not make a a lot and believe me you'll want a lot, so I double it.


2.I love the medium scoop from Pampered Chef for my cookies. It makes them perfectly round.


3.Place a piece of parchment paper or foil over your baking sheets before placing the cookie dough on them. It makes for easy cleanup.



2 comments:

Audrey O'Brien said...

oh girl glad to see you got around to a blog! your a doll. i was really worried about you last we talked with the car wreck and all so i am praying things are much better! love

Sara said...

Okay my dear, I need at least three new recipes a week from you...how about that secret yummy lasagna?:)