CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 11, 2008

Soup Day

Today is a total soup day! Snow on the ground in April...come on Mother Nature get it together. Here's an easy soup recipe with things you have in your pantry and freezer. You can stay in the comfort of your home next to the fire with your bowl of soup and a movie. Mmmmm!


Snow on the Ground in April Minestrone


1 lb. Ground Beef

2-3 Cloves of Garlic minced

1/4 C. Diced Onion

1 14.5 oz. Italian Diced Tomatoes

1 14.5 oz. Tomato Sauce

1 14.5 oz. Kidney Beans

4-6 C. Chicken Stock

8 oz. Pasta (macaroni, radiattore, bowtie-any bite size pasta)

Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste

Brown the ground beef over medium-high heat until almost cooked all the way through. Add the onions and garlic. (At this point if there is a lot of grease left from the ground beef, drain it.) Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and kidney beans. Add your chicken stock and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and add the pasta. Salt and pepper and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes or until the pasta is tender. The soup with thicken a little from the pasta. Serve with a crusty bread and fresh Parmesan on top. Makes about 6 servings. Enjoy!
Chic Chef Tips

  • Chicken stock makes your meals taste like you have been slaving in the kitchen all day. Spend a little money on it and buy in the refrigerator containers so it's always at your fingertips. I use the Organic chicken stock from Costco. I also really like the chicken base from Costco-the brand is McCormick.

  • Add a little more chicken stock to this soup if you want it more like a broth soup.

I gotta bounce! This house is not going to get packed up on it's own, however I wish it were possible. Time for a diet Coke!

4 comments:

Pete and Court said...

Yeah! Your blogging! The only problem with that is that Pete may expect me to use some your recipes and we all know how I am with cooking. You'd better stick us with someone who likes to cook for Bear Lake or we may be havin pizza again. If you need help with anything for the trip please call me. We love you guys.

Jaimie said...

How lucky am I? I have got to taste this soup!! Let me tell you it is amazing! Audry brought this to me and my family becuase I had mastitis and wasn't really up to cooking. My family loved it! Audry is such a great friend!!

Mary Denton Taylor said...

Mmmmmm - this sounds so yummy! I think on Wednesday it is supposed to be cold again. Looks like I have the perfect lunch now!! Thanks Audry!

Rachel said...

Hi this is Rachel, Sara's sister. Just wanted to let you know I made your chocolate chip peanut butter cookies and they were a huge hit. Thanks for the delicious recipes.